Our Commitment to Financial Responsibility
Skagit Land Trust is committed to ethical and transparent leadership and responsible practices. We take our commitment to our donors seriously, for without your trust we cannot fulfill our mission. In support of our commitment to fiduciary responsibility, the Trust accomplished the following in 2015-16:
In 2015, Skagit Land Trust received accreditation renewal with the Land Trust Alliance. Skagit Land Trust was one of the first land trusts in Washington to receive the distinction of nationally awarded accreditation. To ensure strong governance and to meet our fiduciary responsibility we have:
- reviewed, modified, and ratified all financial and governance policies to ensure they meet national standards and practices for land trusts;
- reviewed and updated our endowment resolutions and investment practices;
- ensured all donor funds are tracked and used only for their donor-intended purpose.
- Our financial statements were audited by Jones & Associates, LLC Certified Public Accountants. They performed a rigorous risk assessment of our accounting and financial reporting systems. The result was an unqualified, or “clean”, opinion on our FY16 (tax year 2015) financial statements.
The Trust’s 990 and other filings are available to the public on our website (below) or by calling 360-428-7878
2015-16 990 page 1.pdf
2015-16 990 pg 2.pdf
Tips for reading Skagit Land Trust's 990.docx
SLT 990 FY 15-16.pdf
Final Audited Report 2015.pdf
Skagit Land Trust By-Laws
Thank you for your generous support and dedication to our mission.
- Skagit Land Trust Board of Directors